ABOUT ME: A Visionary Artist and Entrepreneur
I’m Helen, also known as Elluse, a versatile artist with a unique approach to art. The name Elluse, derived from “Elusive,” reflects my dedication to breaking boundaries and creating outstanding art.
MY ARTISTIC JOURNEY: Embracing Non-Conformity
I’m known for my ever-evolving, non-conformist spirit. My art spans various mediums and styles, reflecting my belief in creative freedom. I’m not limited to one signature look and embrace experimentation in computer software, 3D sculpture, and photography. My work is influenced by philosophy and politics, radiating an off-the-beaten-track vibe. For me, art is a way of life that rejects consumerism.
Education and Early Exploration:
My passion for art was ignited during my formative years. I pursued a Fine Art BA Hons degree at Liverpool John Moore’s University, where I laid the foundation for my creative skills, experimenting with diverse forms of artistic expression.
After earning my degree, my passion for art led me to engage in various courses that enriched my knowledge and skills. These courses include:
- 3-Day FDM 3D Printer Build and Operator Level Training Course (April 2022) at 3D 360, Leigh.
- Real-Time 3D Modelling with 3DS Max (November 2000) at the University of Salford.
- Multimedia and Design (September 1997 – December 1997) at CDSTfe Economic Development, College Diploma, 36 Slater Street, Liverpool.
- Fine Art BA Honors (September 1993 – May 1996) at Liverpool John Moore’s University.
- GCSE Art (September 1987 – March 1999) at North East Worcestershire College.
ART EXHIBITIONS AND SHOWCASES:
- Manifest Arts Festival (2017): In 2017, I had the privilege of showcasing my work at Pool Arts in Ardwick as part of the Manifest Arts Festival in Manchester. This exhibition was a significant milestone, allowing me to share my artistic vision with a wider audience.
- Joshua Brooks Exhibition (2022): In 2022, I successfully managed an art exhibition at Joshua Brooks in Manchester. This endeavour showcased my art and allowed me to collaborate with other talented artists, creating a dynamic and inspiring environment.
- Solo Exhibition at The Lloyds Hotel (2023): The pinnacle of my artistic journey so far was reached in May 2023 when I had my first solo exhibition at The Lloyds Hotel in conjunction with the Chorlton Art Festival. This solo exhibition marked a significant step in my artistic career, where I had the opportunity to express my creative vision independently. The event was made even more special with a popular underground House DJ named Sweeney, who played throughout the day, enhancing the overall experience for the visitors.
ELLUSE: FUSING ART AND BUSINESS
MY SHOP: Empowering Expressions Through Artful Attire
Elluse is a unique and unconventional business inspired by global rebels like Greta Thunberg and George Orwell. Our shop empowers individuals to express their beliefs with creative and stylish attire. This approach allows for a more understated and personal statement, allowing you to wear your convictions proudly.
My artistic journey is an ongoing exploration, a testament to the transformative power of art. As I continue my career, I remain dedicated to creating art that reflects my non-conformity, kindness, and mindfulness values. I challenge the status quo while promoting positive change in our world.